Friday, September 26, 2014

Still the One

This weekend, Mary and I have a belated anniversary celebration of our first date. Yep, we celebrate that event as well as our engagement anniversary and our wedding anniversary. I believe that it is important to celebrate those special moments; especially when I get to do that with this pretty girl that turned my head and stole my heart 38 years ago. We will celebrate these dates as long as I can read a calendar. We are going to see a reunion of three bands- Orleans, Ambrosia, and Firefall. Never heard of them?  Ask your parents.  Firefall was the first concert that I took Mary to as they were the opening act for The Doobie Brothers at the old Chicago stadium (currently the United Center). Never heard of them either?  You kids.  Orleans had a huge hit in the 1970’s with Still the One.  This is a great song to remind your wife that even after several decades that she is still the one who makes your heart thump.  She does.  Always has and always will.  Still the one who makes me laugh…still the one who’s my better half…we’re still having fun…you’re still the one.  What a blessing I have.

Why did you decide to become a teacher?  I am confident that it wasn’t the lure of a high salary. Hopefully, it wasn’t for three reasons – June, July and August!  If you had to list the ONE reason why you decided to invest so much of your time and money into getting that teaching license, what would you say?  If you had to break it down to a single reason , what would it be?  Perhaps you loved your subject matter and wanted to pass this love along to kids.  Maybe it was because one of your own teachers inspired you and you aspired to be that person.  It could have been a sincere desire to make a difference.  All good things. My point is this – continue to celebrate that ONE reason why you do what you do.  Remind yourself daily that that reason is still the one.  When we all romanticized about being a teacher – admit it, you did; what were you thinking about?  Hopefully, it is still the one.


-------------------------------------------------
I guarantee that the Browns will not lose this weekend…book it…accepting all wagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment was added to your blog at www.theprincipaloutlook.com! Please take a second to approve it to ensure that is appropriate for your intended audience.